You hear waves crashing on the beach as you slowly wake up. You walk out of your room to a cup of hot Costa Rican coffee and the sweet smell of pineapple. A gentle yoga session has you limber and fully AWAKE, ready to take on the world. Brunch is served poolside as you watch the birds fishing in the ocean for their breakfast. Your biggest “concern” of the day is deciding what you’ll wear…..a sundress or shorts over your bathing suit?
You’re surrounded by other like minded women who are interested in learning the art of joyful living. Workshops will be led by Gretchen on joy, mindset, simple living and vitality. Each day you’ll have activities such as: a boat ride to a private island, hiking in the rainforest, waterfall tour, learning to surf, massages, paddle boarding and more.
At sunset you sip your rosé or margarita by the ocean. Transportation will be ready to take you to a delicious local restaurant. Then the next day...repeat.
Not only will you be immersed in a beautiful atmosphere, you’ll be invigorated by what you are learning and the people you are surrounded with. This retreat is more than a vacation, it will set you up for a joyful shift in your being. The Joy Of Living Retreat is created for the busy mom, business owner, professional or anyone who is ready to make it their intention to live with joy.
HERMOSA BEACH, COSTA RICA | JOY OF LIVING RETREAT | NOVEMBER 5-10, 2017
Join us for a 5 day rejuvenation retreat in breathtaking Hermosa, Costa Rica. We'll be calling Hermosa Beach House home during this joy inducing, yoga and adventure retreat. There's an ocean side pool and guests will have a choice of single or double rooms
ABOUT THE RETREAT
During our time together we'll eat fresh, local Costa Rican and gourmet cuisine. We'll explore the rainforest and beaches of Costa Rica with activities such as hiking, zip lining and waterfall tours.
Over the course of the retreat we'll have yoga classes, guided meditations, massages and Joy Of Living Workshops.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOPS
The workshops are one hour classes where Gretchen teaches subjects such as: simplicity, minimalism, mindfulness, following your purpose, living authentically, how to get more done in less time, stress reduction, healthy habits, powerful positive mindset tools and more. The classes are practices and concepts taken from her upcoming books. Read more about Gretchen here.
ABOUT THE FOOD AND DRINKS
Each morning you'll wake up to fresh brewed Costa Rican coffee, snacks, nuts, fruit and smoothies. After a yoga and/or meditation and a workshop will be a full brunch buffet. Every evening at sunset is a cocktail hour by the ocean and each evening dinner at one of the top local restaurants is included.
ABOUT THE HOTEL
Hermosa Beach House Hotel is a small, boutique hotel directly on Hermosa Beach, Costa Rica. A quaint, family style hotel that will make you feel like you are at your second home. Read more about the hotel here.
$1300/per person Double occupancy in smaller room
$1500/per person Single occupancy or double in larger room
10 rooms all have cable/WIFI/air/hot water/ refrig/microwaves/safes.
Smaller Room Double Occupancy: Deluxe cabinas with a full bed and a set of bunk beds.
Single Occupancy: One full or one queen bed
Larger Room Double Occupancy: Either two full or two queen beds in different rooms
When: November 5-10, 2017
Included: At every retreat all expenses are paid except for airfare and personal expenses
- Transportation from location airport and to tours, restaurants and activities
- Morning smoothies, full brunch, snacks, refreshments and dinner each night
- Welcome dinner and bonfire
- Sunset cocktail hour daily
- Yoga and guided meditation
- Free signed copy of one of Gretchen's published books
- Daily tours & activities
- Your round-trip airfare from home
- Souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, extra spa services, taxis beyond provided transportation, laundry, and tips for your room maid
- Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance
- While there is a cocktail hour daily and some wine included in meals, guests are responsible for any extra alcohol or personal shopping they might want.
OUTLINE OF OUR SCHEDULE
Arrive to the hotel around 3:30
Introduction, check in, welcome sushi party, bonfire
10:00 am brunch
1:00 pm canopy zipline
5-6pm sunset cocktails
6:30 dinner at Grafitti
8:00 am mountain hike with mountain top yoga
10:00 am brunch
11-3 free time, swim and massages
5-6pm sunset cocktails
6:30 dinner Lemon Zest or Wishbone
7am-6pm Tortuga Island Boat Tour
6:30pm Dinner at Greenroom or Vida Hermosa
5-6 sunset cocktails
6:30 dinner at Tsunami Sushi
Arrive in SJO airport in San Jose Costa Rica on November 5, 2017. You will have transport bring you to the hotel. Details coordinated after you confirm your spot at the Retreat.
- May 18, 2018 How to Write a Book May 18, 2018
- Apr 23, 2018 Slow Living Series (Part 2) Apr 23, 2018
- Mar 14, 2018 Slow Living Series (Part 1) Mar 14, 2018
- Jul 20, 2017 Maximizing Your Day Jul 20, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017 Letter Contest Jun 19, 2017
- May 24, 2017 Joy Of Living Mastermind May 24, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Joy Of Living Retreat in Hermosa Beach, Costa Rica Apr 4, 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 6 Step Morning Ritual Feb 1, 2017